
So today was a kindof rough day, probably a typical Monday for most. I get to work and the internet's down. What the heck am I supposed to do at work without internet? That means no email, no morning dose of blogstalking, no checking on my ebay auctions. So while I'm waiting on the supernerd to come get us back online (spider solitairing), my manager suggests that we ride around to some jobsites and check on some customers. The company I work for is in the high-end building products business. I'm in charge of "architectural marketing" and most of my customers are architects and builders. That means that to see our products in action, we often have to visit construction sites. Now this is really cool when the construction site is a $5 million mountain home with breath-taking views proudly displayed by windows we sold. This is really uncool when the jobsite is at the top of a gravel hill, covered with red dirt, and swarming with un-shirted sweaty men wearing jorts(!). Today's jobsite was the latter, oh and I was wearing silver metallic Jack Rogers. Then on the way back, bossman and I have a nice little chat about the projects I'm currently working on. (Well, I'm mentally composing a nice blog post about your flagrant disregard for the rules of fashion--e.g. black belt, brown shoes, navy socks, oh my! and trying to beat my high score at Zuma...) When my day is finally over, I stop at my favorite gas station for a $0.49 fountain drink (any size!) and a bag of Sun Chips. (Ok, ok, maybe I got some Reese Cups too, get out of my business.) I'm waiting in line to check out when I hear a sweet young voice in front of me say, "$40 on the silver BMW." I look up and see a 9ish year old girl handing over two 20's to the cashier. "Awww," I think, "Someone's mom is letting them play grown up and go in the store and pay by themselves." My second thought is, "Awww, someone's mom let them come in the gas station barefoot..." Wait, BAREFOOT?!?! Seriously, didn't we decide that was uncouth when Britney Spears tried it? I glance outside and see a $50,000 beemer waiting at pump 3. I'd like to think that if you could afford a $50K luxury vehicle, you could also afford to learn good personal hygiene. Apparently not. Example 564,000 that money does not buy class. I pay for my treats and take my silver sandal and red dirt clad feet out to my car and head home...Sorry for the long-winded rant. Hopefully I'll be more cheerful tomorrow and will post some pics from this weekend's fun limo ride to see Sunny Ledford.

4 comments:
Sunny Ledford ... do you live in Charlotte? My husband and I used to watch him during undergrad.
Wow, Sunny Ledford! My bestie used to hang with them back in the day and her hubby did some webdesign for them. I saw them once at a frat at State, but was pretty sure no one on here would have any idea who they were. Small World.
I hope today is a better day. I don't know whose picture that is - I just randomly found it and I thought it was pretty :)
Too funny! And so true that money does not at all buy class!!
Post a Comment