Thursday, June 12, 2008

Consigned Treasures!



Holy Moses! It's not just a myth! You know, the urban legend about the girl who finds a brand new Kate Spade or fabulous vintage Louis Vuitton at a thrift store. For awhile now one of my mom's friends had been telling me about this fantastic little "high end consignment boutique" where she got a Coach bag and some Seven jeans. I never really gave the store much thought, you know there's always that ONE time you'll get lucky and the rest of the time it's all crap. Well yesterday I had half an hour left to spare of my lunch break and I was on that side of town, so I decided to try it out. Thank God I did!!! Here is the list of my purchases/treasures:


1) Lilly Pulitzer Pink Polo Shirt $9

2) Lilly Pulitzer Teal Polo Shirt (maybe "teal" is the wrong color to use here...it sounds so, um, redneck...) $9

3) Ralph Lauren Sleeveless Pink Polo Shirt $6

4) Ralph Lauren 3/4 Sleeve Blue Polo Shirt $8

5) Lilly Pulizter Bag (this is a storage bag of sorts, has a zipper around it and a little sachet inside, maybe for sweaters?) $6

6) Dooney & Bourke leather zip change purse $10

7) Coach Red and White Signature Print Scarf $6


So I got up to the cash register and--lo and behold--EVERYTHING IS 50% OFF!!! Apparently anything that had been in the store for over 2 months was reduced. My total was like $30. Granted, the stuff is technically used, but it was all in great condition and a little ride in the washing machine will have everything good as new. It was like shopping on ebay, but better because you could try stuff on!


I took the stuff over to my parents' house to show my mom and tried the Coach scarf on their dog Buster. He kept hiding his face and then ran and hid under a chair. My mom laughed and said it must be because he knew it was "second hand"....snob dog. No matter, I'm perfectly happy with my bargains!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a steal! Cute stuff!

Preppy Money Penny said...

Great deals! I'm jealous :-)

I would call the Lilly polo aqua.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That is amazing!! Great finds!