Thursday, June 5, 2008
My Hair Secret...
So I have curly hair. Ok, it's part curly, part wavy, part frizzy. I finally gave up trying to make it look pretty curly and started flat ironing it everyday. Also, for the past two years I've gotten regular highlights, lowlights, and all over color. (It's true what they say: Blondes really do have more fun!) In response to this torture, my hair has struck back by breaking off in random places. At first it started out as some cool long wispy bangs. Then they got shorter. Then I started noticing other layers around my head that I'm sure my hair dresser didn't cut. Afraid that at this rate I would have a mullet by 2008, I asked my hair dresser what to do. Since it's highly unlikely that I'll go back to being an unruly brunette, she suggested that I only wash my hair every OTHER day and cut back on the flat ironing. Now my hair has always been pretty oily, I can wash it in the morning and by that night it's looking a lil greasy at the crown and above my ears. Not sure how I was going to manage these recommendations, I starting griping to my friend Amanda. She turned me on to the best beauty trick of all times: BABY POWDER! Now on my off days, or those days I wake up with an "Oh Sh!t, I overslept and don't have time to shampoo!" I just pat on a lil powder. It works great, the cornstarch absorbs the grease, plus I think it adds a little volume or lift at my roots. I've found baby powder in tiny travel sizes which fit great in my overnight bag, and also Johnson & Johnson makes it in lavendar and cucumber melon scents so your head doesn't smell like a baby's butt. Fabulous. Also, I ordered a new flat iron from folica.com which I'm having a love affair with! It's awesome, so much less damaging, and still goes up to 425 degrees to scare the curl out of my hair. Now you know my secret! Let's just hope it doesn't rain and those "layers" start frizzing up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment