Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy B-day to Me!

Today is officially my 26th birthday, but by this point I'm over it. We celebrated Friday night (Mexican restaurant, stupid sombrero, yummy margaritas) with 6 other couples that B and I are friends with, then on Saturday with my single girl friends (drinks and appetizers at a local tavern, then dancing and other miscellaneous misbehavior late night). On Saturday afternoon we had a little family party at my grandmother's house with cake and ice cream. Sunday was Father's Day, which included a big lunch, more cake, and leftovers for dinner. So when B asked me where he should make reservations for dinner tonight, I told him Papa John's and Blockbuster. I know pizza's not really any healthier, but I just don't think I can eat another big restaurant meal. At this rate I'm not going to fit into the dress I'm wearing to my friend's wedding next weekend. Sweet B did stop by my work today to bring me flowers and balloons.
I received a cute gift in the mail from his mom (ok, the package was wrapped beautifully, the actual gift was a pink sequin ball cap...not cool.)
My boss brought me some M&Ms, and a co-worker's son drew me a Birthday picture. My parents gave me money and two cute shirts. And, oddly enough, I received this sweet/funny myspace message from an ex-boyfriend. Try not to choke on the sarcasm, but I liked being referred to as "a little beam of light"...

Today is the day on which the world was blessed with the greatest gift of all time:

on june 17, 1982 this little beam of light was put here by god to
end hunger, unify the world and all races, defeat global warming, and bring joy to an otherwise cold and bitter world. she is the reason for your smile, the twinkle in your eye, the reason we get up each and every day. ladies and gentlemen give it up for the birthday girl---- former miss america and american idol winner...........
THE loveliest lady in the world!!


On that note, I'll leave you today with a pic of current boyfriend and me on Saturday night. He's not quite as poetic, but I still love him! (And I'm hoping that he has a box from Tiffany's waiting for me when I get home...)

6 comments:

Sweet Tea and Seersucker said...

Hey! You have been Tagged!!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Happy Happy Birthday!

Hope you got your Tiffany's!

Muffy said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!:)

Etiquettely Correct said...

happy birthday! mine is friday!

magnoliabelle said...

happy belated birthday!