Thursday, July 24, 2008

Music Meme

I've been tagged to do this lil music meme by the fabulous Red and White Preppy. Here are the rules:

*Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
*Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of post.


Ok, here goes: (and be sure to click the song name, I wasted the time to link the you tube video of each song for your viewing pleasure...)

1) "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" (not sure who this little gem is by...)--I like to sing this in my most annoying voice at Christmas time, just because it really gets on my sister's nerves...
2) "Africa" by Toto - My roomie in college and I used to stand on our desk chairs and sing this at the top of our lungs into our hairbrush microphones. Not on a regular basis, just when we were, um, under the influence or super delirious from late night studying.
3) "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" by The Four Tops--This was my favorite song when I was little. My parents have a video of me at age 5 singing and interpretive dancing along to it. They still like to show the video at family gatherings. This song was actually my cell ringtone until very recently.
4) "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" by Celine Dion--I went through this Celine phase in high school after my best friend got me her Greatest Hits CD for my birthday. I used to ride around with the sunroof open and belt out this song until I got light-headed, seriously.
5) "Thug Luv" by Bone Thugs N Harmony (ft Tupac)--I know every word to this...Um, all I can say is I went through a brief gangsta phase after my Celine phase. "Until they stop me, bury, murder me, or drop me, I got THUG LUV for my nationwide posse. Feel me!"

I now tag: Just Random..., Preppy Money Penny, Muffy Martini, Magnolias & Juleps, Etiquettely Correct, Monograms and Manicures, and Pearls Are a Girl's Best Friend.

Have Fun!!!

2 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Oooooo...I LOVE #1-3. My friends get quite annoyed when I sing #1 a lot around Christmastime :)

Hopsy said...

I posted my songs! Love yours!!