Monday, July 14, 2008

School Pizza!

Even though today is Monday and those are generally sucky days for me, I'm very happy. I had school pizza for lunch! I decided to try this little hole-in-the-wall diner close to where I work. I had ordered a chicken salad sandwich and a sweet tea to go, when something at the bottom of the menu caught my eye. One of the items on the kids menu was school pizza. I asked the waitress about it and she said, "You know, the rectangular shaped pizza slices the cafeteria used to serve on Fridays in elementary school." NO SH!T!!! It was $0.99 ($.99!!!!!) and came with my choice of fries or tater tots! I went with tater tots, and left the chicken salad on my order too as backup. (Let's keep this between us, B thinks I'm on a diet...) It was delicious, I enjoyed it way too much. My mom always packed my lunch so I rarely got to enjoy the wonders of caf food. In a way, my lunch today was like re-living a little piece of 3rd grade...:-) The chicken salad sammy was good too. (I'm a hoss...) Also, incase any of you were wondering if I survived the cowgirl party, I did. We had a blast...and somehow I ended up being the only one in the picture with a cowboy hat on...if you look closely you will see that my earrings are tiny leather cowboy hats too, compliments of my mother (the queen of costume/theme jewelry). Saturday found us back on the lake, so here's a pic of B and me with our Bubba Kegs.

Sunday we planned on spending by the pool, but there ended up being thunderstorms. Instead we watched movies on TBS and then went out for sushi. I talked B into going to Walmart with me afterward and stocked up on some new colored pens and markers for my office. Maybe that's what got me so excited about re-living elementary school...Overall it was fun weekend. Hope everyone's Monday is going swell!

P.S. Try as I might, I couldn't find a pic of school pizza online that looked even close to as yummy as mine was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love school pizza! Glad cowgirl night was a blast! ;)

Angela said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment.. and Lord yes I want the email! haha.. My address is angela.ryan52309@gmail.com. Your blog is so fun, I cant wait to read more. Oh, and I love your pink & green Bubba kegs:)

magnoliabelle said...

What a blast from the past. My mom packed my lunch too, but I did "enjoy"that treat every once in a while:)

Liz said...

Looks like the party was lots of fun!!