Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bleeding Love

Seriously, is anyone else sick of this song? Don't get me wrong, I think Leona Lewis is great, she's just so overplayed! And Lil Wayne's Lollipop...THREE of my preset radio stations were playing this song simultaneously on my way to work this morning. (Again, don't get me wrong, I've secretly loved Lil Wayne since before he was cool.) I woke up a touch cranky this morning (could have been the dog that was sitting on my chest...or the dog poop I found on the living room carpet) and felt the need to rant...Soooo, where do I come? Back to blog world! Sorry I've been so MIA lately! Work has been slam busy since I was out two days the week before last in PA and two days this past week for the 4th. Speaking of the 4th, I hope everyone had a fantastic one! We spent the weekend on lake: drank too much, got too much sun, general merriment and all that. I bought a baybay lifevest for Rambo and we took him on the boat with us. Of course Dixie came too.
My grandmother broke her hip two weeks ago, actually on the day we were headed back from PA, and has been in the hospital ever since. I snuck Rambo in to see her yesterday in a backpack. She loved it! That's pretty much all you've missed in my blog-absence. Nothing too exciting...oh, but I did paint my toenails purple (with sparkles!) last nightand finish the sweetest book, The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer. I have to confess, I totally judge books by their covers (and this last one had a shoe...with sparkles!) Any recommendations for another good summer book to start?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the life vest on Rambo! How cute! Sounds like you had a great 4th!

Sorry about your grandmother, hopefully she'll feel better soon!

Muffy said...

GASP! What kind of sandals are those?!?!?! LOOOOVE THEM!