Thursday, July 17, 2008

Suprise!

You know what a great surprise it is to find a $20 bill in the pocket of a coat you've not worn since last winter? Well, imagine that feeling times 15! This morning I was rummaging through my trunk (which I view as transitory closeting for all the stuff I can't stash at B's or my parents) looking for a measuring tape (of all things!) and I uncovered this little beauty!!! I'd bought her 2 or 3 weeks ago at the Coach outlet and must have been so distracted by my other purchases that I forgot about her! I almost teared up when I uncovered her crumpled white bag this morning. I don't know if pictures can do this jewelry case justice: try to imagine the smooth metallic gold leather, the bronze leather piping, the soft suede interior, and the satin legacy stripe lining.
I just love little accessory stuff like this! You may notice on the price tag the Factory Store price was $129...but she had been marked down to $49.99...but wait, then there was an additional 20% off that!!! I love outlet shopping. I may have mentioned before that the company I work for has 5 showroom/stores sprinkled across NC. About once or twice a month I visit each of these to check on the salesmen and/or meet with customers. Unfortunately for my bank account, on my way to our showroom in the lovely mountains of Boone, NC, I have to drive right by Shoppes on the Parkway in Blowing Rock. This outlet center boasts not only a Coach Factory Store, but Banana Republic Factory Store, a Gap, and the only J. Crew Outlet in NC! I like to think of these work trips as "scheduled shopping time"...and I've got an appointment coming up next Friday! In other news, I saw on the Coach website this morning that you can design your own tote, then submit it for a chance to win a Coach shopping spree, etc. Fun! Ok, back to work...

6 comments:

Buford Betty said...

What fun... I love metallics. That's a cute little bag!

Anonymous said...

Great suprise!

Muffy said...

That's WONDERFUL!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I love Shops on the Parkway! My parents have a mountain house not too far, so we love to hit the outlets.

Enjoy your week!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love the cutie bag!! Those are the best surprises!

Anonymous said...

P.S. - You've been tagged :)