Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Facebook Woes and Children of the Corn

Top 3 Reasons Facebook Sometimes Makes Me Want to Stick My Head in the Oven:
1) Newsfeed shows me all the sweet little comments husbands and wives post on each other's pages. (e.g. "Thanks for the fabulous weekend, babe. Love you!") Barf.
2) Status updates that show me when my ex's go from being listed as "single" to "in a relationship."
3) Uploaded photo albums that show classmates who are YOUNGER than I am at their fabulous wedding, or albums people upload of their fabulous vacations. Really people, don't you have to work for a living?!?! Who has the time to get married at the Biltmore Estate or spend a month in Australia?

Ok, I'm done grumping. I just started my day a little cranky because I had one of those weird, after-you-hit-snooze dreams. In my dream I was pregnant and in labor! But for some reason I was in a car with my dad driving through a corn field. We couldn't get to the hospital because the car had broken down and I just knew I was going to have a baby in the corn. I've never actually seen Children of the Corn, but I imagine my corn baby would have been a lot like them. It was creepy, very very creepy. So creepy that I took two birth control pills this morning instead of just one.

3 comments:

Living Well said...

Oh you are so brilliant! I'm always using my silver picture frames as mirrors, but the monitor..that is so good! What a hilariously scary dream you had! Have a great day!

Belle and Baby said...

Ok...your explanation of your scary dream cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

Liz said...

That dream cracked me up!!!