B and I spent the weekend in SC. His friends from home were throwing a surprise birthday party on Friday night for another of their friends. The people hosting the party had bought a total of 18 bottles of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka (which we just got on the liquor store shelves in NC on Friday!!!) and combined it with Simply Lemonade in this lovely beverage dispenser (from Costco, which took me about an hour to track down a picture of...) It took party punch to a whole new level. Good times!

On Saturday we spent the day on his parents' farm. B's got an old CJ-7 jeep that he got running and we tore up the back roads for a good two hours. (Til we ran out of gas...) Then we cooled off in the pool. Here's a pic of B showing off for his mama on the diving board. The arbor you see in the back ground is what B's dad built for his mom for their 35th wedding anniversary this year. Awww.

Saturday night B and his friend fished in a bass tournament (they won!) so I hung out with his friend's wife. We ended up going to another birthday party and drinking more sweet tea vodka. I swear, I think that's all South Carolians do, not that I blame them...Sunday morning we repented for all the drinking at church with B's parents. Nothing like Southern Baptists to make you feel extra guilty for being a little hungover! We got back late Sunday night. The doggies slept the whole way, exhausted from their fun weekend on the farm.

Monday I had to get up early and head to Boone for work. I accidentally stopped at the Coach outlet store on the way back and bought two fun new bags and a wallet. Initially I wasn't a fan of the color of the wallet, but then I realized that it matched the sunglasses case I had in my bag that I'd bought the last time I was there. I also wasn't sure about the white bag, but it was on sale and I figured it will be nice for Spring. The tweed material bag is much prettier in person. I almost can't wait for Fall so I can carry it! I also picked up some flops on sale at J. Crew for $5. I took my purchases to my parents' house to hide from B. I'm leaving for San Diego this Thursday and he thinks I'm saving money so I'll have some to spend while I'm out there...Must. Stop. Buying. Handbags.

5 comments:
Super fun post! Firefly is my newest business obsession right now, I'm trying to figure out where it is in it's trip to Raleigh so we can start enjoying it soon, too!
Looks like you had a great time! Everyone keeps raving about this Firefly sweet tea, guess I'll have to try some...
Oh, and have a great trip to San Diego! Lucky you!
Cute bags, a coach outlet is hard to pass up.
The coach bag is perfect for fall!
hey lili - have you heard of shopittome.com? i think you'd be able to score some amazing discounts using our site! good luck!
Post a Comment