Just noticed my fun tag from the marvelous Muffy Martini! Here are my 5 least favorite words...
1) Yeast--for some reason this word just conjures up nasty images for me.
2) Menstruation--who likes this word? It always makes me think of Judy Blume's Are You There God, It's Me Margaret
3) Anticlimactic--this is actually a great descriptive word, but I always feel like I'm adding too many syllables when I say it. Also, I always catch people misusing it, saying "anticlimatic" instead.
4) The F-Bomb--whether it's being used as a verb, adjective, or expletive, I just think it's the crudest, most foul-mouthed thing you can say.
5) Colonel--it drives me crazy that this word is pronounced so differently than the way it's spelled. No wonder English is so hard for non-native speakers. "Ker-nel"...really.
Now I'm supposed to tag five people...How about, Adventures of a Southern Newlywed, Just Random..., Magnolia Belle's Musings, Red and White Preppy, and Why, Hello Darling.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love this! I always enjoy learning quirky things like this about people.
Post a Comment