1) I have fake toenails. Oh, you didn't realize they make fake toenails? I didn't either until recently. I was at a wedding and one of the girls there had the most beautiful french pedicure. By contrast, I had chipped pink nail polish with green polka dots on my short stubby toes. After my third glass of wine, I finally got my nerve out to blurt "You have the most gorgeous toes!" She just laughed and said, "Honey, I paid $5 for them at Walmart." Hmm...So I went and bought some. They weren't the easiest things to glue on--a pinky toenail ended up superglued to my pointer finger in the process--but the finished product looks pretty darn good. I've quizzed all my friends about them and no one can tell they're fake. What do y'all think?

2) I bought a fake Prada bag. Remember that Sex and the City episode where the girls go to L.A. and Samantha and Carrie go to buy fake Pradas out of the trunk of that guy's car? That's how I felt. My friend had a Purse Party on Tuesday night. She invited this sketchy dude who gets the bags from NYC and he displayed his wares in the clubhouse of her condo complex. Oh, and she had carrot sticks and veggie dip, yay. This is the second purse party she's had; the first time I refused to buy anything. I can't stand knockoffs; especially overpriced knockoffs. I've found that you can get better prices on the real deal at TJ Maxx (great for Coach and Dooney & Bourke), factory outlets, and Off 5th (the former home of my beloved pink Marc Jacobs) than you can for some of the fake stuff. But, I decided to be a good sport this time (hell, I may need her to buy Avon or something from me someday) so I purchased one. Yes, it's blatantly faux, but it's a good size and I like the metallic "gunmetal" color. What I don't like is that I paid $70 for it...oh, the injustice!
In other news, Sweet B surprised me and made dinner last night--crab legs with grilled asparagus and squash. Yummm! Also, I saw this painting at the restaurant where we ate on Friday. It made me think of fellow fab blogger Muffy Martini.

6 comments:
Fake toenails...I never would have known!
Wow, I can't beleive they make fake toe nails! But you really can't tell, pretty darn awesome if you ask me!
I'm so getting these fake toenails for a wedding I have this weekend. I couldn't tell they were fake.
Fake toenails?!? They look perfect, and I would have NEVER known. I think I must try these. Today!
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I love it!!!! It's so cool!!!! HAHA! Thanks!!!!
The toes look great, I bet that last longer than a pedicure.
Post a Comment